Thursday 29 November 2007


Our day started with a fits of laughter when we read the following email from Mollie and I just had to publish it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Hiya mammy,
Hope that you and Tony have arrived in the US of A o.k. and that you are having a great time. Uncle 'Daddy' Gary read the letter you sent to me and my partner Alfie. I really am settled in but did really miss you for the first couple of days (and still do ) but I've come round now. Gary said I had to stop being a drama queen like you, as I wasn't upset enough to go off my food.(I'd really have to be under the patio to do that ha ha) Well Gary let me sneak into the back bedroom and lay on the bed so I enjoyed that but I heard him telling Alfie that he'd be knocking that on the head in a couple of days, (thats what he thinks, I can open the xxxxxxx door myself......don't tell him that I swore or I'll get grounded). I banged my head on the table yesterday but Gary is taking me to the optitions next week, to get some glasses, (he can xxxx off if he thinks I'm wearing them, Ive got him sussed and I'll have some contact lenses before Christmas). Well mams you take care on that motorbike and enjoy yourself. I'm fine, and Steve came round and brought that Hector, so I've got a new mate already (got to keep Alfie on his toes, you know what blokes are like treat em mean keep em keen eh Ma?). Well Ma I'm off to bed now so I'll say goodnight for now. Gary will be home in a minute and I don't want him to catch me on the computer, he thinks we can't get in the room here when he's out, but I just stand on alf's back and pull the handle down. tee hee. Don't you go tell on us. If Gary goes out on Friday we're gonna get the keys to downstairs and hit the Gin bottle, we've just got to wangle the alarm number out of Kathy. Alfie doesn't think she'll fall for it but I said ' you keep her throwing the ball for you' and I'll get round Bob no problem hee hee. Well Ma I'm off now I've just heard Gar coming in downstairs, night night God Bless. Enjoy yourself and don't worry about me, I was only kidding about the gin, Alfie would go mad if I drank that shit. send my love to Tony. hope to hear from you as and when. lots of love. love you loads. Molly and Alfie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The day developed much as it started, we got lost by taking the wrong turn, and when you do that on an interstate, it is a long way to the next turn off. However we eventually found Walmart and bought a lot of bits and bobs to make life comfortable in the RV.
Next it was off to get the trailer, guess what? We got lost. Eventually found the house, but we knew the trailer was 25 miles away and we were to follow HarleyCharlie to where it was parked to collect. "Follow me" he said. The RV was running and a car passed us and off we went, going like a bat out of hell, I had difficulty keeping up. Then the mobile rang, and a voice said "you are following the wrong car", Jane said "how do you know", and the voice said "'cos I am behind you, turn right, turn around and follow me". By then we were in fits of laughter again, however we eventually arrived at the trailer location. The pictures did not lie, it is a superb trailer, and was worth the magical mystery tour, fun and games. So that too is in Orlando now, and we pick up the motorbike Saturday. (if we are not lost, deported or locked up).
Just for the record we also got lost (again) as we were almost back - but hey - everyone should try doing a U turn with a 23 footer and 10 foot trailer in rush hour traffic - with 1 missing headlight - but that's another story.

1 comment:

Gary Smith said...

Hiya Jane and Tony. good to hear from you. no front headlight no rear light on hire car. no lampost in adelaide st,,,,so no more tee hee