Sunday 3 February 2008

29/01/08

On the road again to a state park called Picacho, all the way there seeing typical thousands of what I classify as typical Cactus for this part of the world. Wherever you looked they were there, still got the trains of course because this is the main route across the country, but today was a record. A 5 engine header and 118 trucks, I doubt we will beat that. Some awesome rocks sticking out of the ground made the scenery fantastic, it was also the first time in ages that the weather and facilities allowed us to have a fire, so the steaks were cooked over the open fire, real cowboy style, and were only perfect. The lack of light pollution meant that the sky was absolutely clear with a half moon, so I couldn’t resist climbing the ladder and lying on the roof for a while looking at the stars. It was a bit cold, and I think it was only that fact that stopped me falling asleep up there.




No comments: